Selling Your Courses
Cytal LMS processes payments through its integration with WooCommerce shopping cart. WooCommerce provides an enormous amount of flexibility for selling your courses. Thje shopping cart works with dozens of payment gateways, and there’s a WooCommerce extension for nearly any type of ecommerce functionality you can think of. Our built-in WooCommerce iintegration will provide your customers the ultimate ecommerce experience.
We’ll walk you through the WooCommerce integration step-by-step below.
- have full control over the checkout experience
- customize the My Account area for your customers
- sell physical products, in addition to your courses
- control the emails sent to course enrollees
- offer coupons & discounts
- sell courses in a bundle (multiple courses for a single price)
- use a payment gateway other than Stripe, PayPal or 2Checkout
Set Up Your Course as a Product
The integration connects your WooCommerce products with Cyatl LMS courses, and helps the two systems communicate with each other.
If you’re new to WooCommerce, consider reviewing their Getting Started guide before continuing. We’ll show you how to create a simple product, but there are many other setup options to consider.
Don’t skip this step! This is required for the integration to work.
When someone buys your course using WooCommerce, LearnDash needs to know who to provide course access to. Therefore, LearnDash needs a specific user within WordPress to enroll into the course. This is why Guest Checkout must be disabled, and your users must create an account when using this integration.
- Navigate to WOOCOMMERCE > SETTINGS
- Click on the Accounts & Privacy tab
- Uncheck the box next to “Allow customers to place orders without an account”
You also need to make sure customers have the ability to create an account during checkout.
- On the same page, check the box next to “Allow customers to create an account during checkout”
- Be sure to Save Changes at the bottom